With significant regulatory experience in Greater China, we have become trusted advisors to top foreign businesses and governmental entities as they continue to meet the demands of a dynamic marketplace.
Government regulation is a critical factor in corporate strategic planning and impacts all aspects of a company’s business operations. Regulatory approval and enforcement actions by a wide range of government agencies can impact cost, profitability, market share and viability.
Changes in laws, regulations and enforcement practices can create new business opportunities or threaten the vitality of entire industries, and how your organization navigates and manages the regulatory maze will directly impact your ability to successfully adapt to these changes.
We advise on a variety of regulatory issues that confront foreign companies that invest or do business in China and Taiwan, such as obtaining governmental approvals for corporate and M&A transactions, fair trade and anti-monopoly issues, intellectual property rights creation and enforcement, product licensing, joint ventures, litigation and dispute resolution, product safety issues, and environmental matters.
We provide the following services:
- Design concrete workable solutions for regulatory risk management.
- Communicate with appropriate regulatory government agencies on clients’ behalf.
- Coordinate representation of clients at regulatory dispute hearings both in administrative and litigious proceedings.
- Conduct regulatory education sessions for clients’ officers and employees.
We are expert in the regulatory regimes affecting the following specialist areas:
- All Approvals, Licenses and Permits
- Corporate Governance
- Operational Incentives and Benefits
- Competition and Fair Trade