Personal Practice Summary
Jennifer H. Atkinson is based in our Taipei office. Jenny assists both international and local clients with corporate and commercial transactions in Greater China. She advises on mergers and acquisitions; corporate re-organisations and equity issues; international litigation, arbitration, and litigation risk management; and general corporate and commercial contractual matters.
In particular, she offers corporate structuring and practical business advice to commercial start-ups in Taiwan and to those planning to enter mainland China – specially those in the green sector (wind power, biofuels etc.). She is actively involved in organising and promoting professional development programs for international law students and for private practice and in-house lawyers in the region.
Jenny is the only qualified UK lawyer practising in Taiwan, and as she is simultaneously qualified to practise in Hong Kong, she is uniquely positioned to assist clients hailing from common law backgrounds with their business interests in Greater China. Further, Jenny’s linguistic ability, her deep understanding of both Chinese culture and global business and her personable and proactive approach mean she is especially adept at the “cultural translation” often required between western and Chinese clients.
Professional Association and Activities
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales (1997)
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (1997)(Currently non-practising)
- The Law Society (England and Wales)
- British Chamber of Commerce, Taipei
- European Chamber of Commerce Taipei
- Pamir Law Group, Taipei, Taiwan (2006-present)
- Lovells, London, UK (2000-2003)
- Clifford Chance LLP, London/Hong Kong (1995-2000)
- International Chinese Language Program, National Taiwan University (2005-06)
- Master of Philosophy in Modern Chinese Studies, University of Oxford and Beijing University (2003-05)
- The College of Law, London (1993-95)
- Bachelor of Arts & Master of Arts in Geography, University of Oxford (1989-92)